Dougherty Arts Center
1110 Barton Springs Rd., 512/974-4000
Once the Naval and Marine Reserve
Center, this city-operated cultural facility
now educates budding artists instead of
sailors and hosts many cultural events.
Located on the periphery of the pending
arts complex development over and
around Palmer Auditorium, the DAC
features the Dougherty Arts Theater, a
150-seat auditorium that is available for
music, theatre, and dance productions, a
large sculpture/pottery studio, and dozens
of classrooms. City staff at the DAC also
books the Sheffield Hillside Theatre in
Zilker Park, across from the main
entrance of the Barton Springs pool.
Paintings and drawings by five award-winning Austin figurative artists: J.C. Amorrortu, Lawrence Jolly, Meena Matocha, Rhea Pettit, and Linda Wandt. Dec. 4-Jan. 8.
Kids and caregivers collaborate on process-based art projects. Thursdays, 10-11am. $10.
- 2018: Critics Best Outlet for Self-Expression (Speak Piece Poetry Project)
- 2004: Readers Best Summer Camp (Dougherty Arts School)
- 2003: Readers Best Summer Camp
- 2002: Readers Best Summer Camp
- 1999: Readers Best Camps/Classes
- 1998: Readers Best Camps/Classes
- 1993: Critics Best Performing Arts Center: Local Acts